This post is sponsored by Tempur-Pedic, the brand millions of owners trust to deliver their best night’s sleep every night. Enjoy our Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer now and give the gift of custom comfort to someone you love.
The holidays are my favorite time of the year. It’s a chance to get together with friends and family, reflect on the year and indulge. Whether or not Santa was extra generous, I always find the best parts of the holidays in the small comforts and personal luxuries.
Since having a baby, my former metabolism-that-wouldn’t-quit has slowed down a bit but I’ve been really good about cutting out sweets and running 5 days a week. So this year, when I think of holiday comforts, I’m thinking of all the yumminess I’m going to stuff in my face. Here are my top 5 yummy holiday comforts in no particular order.
1. Hot Cocoa with Whipped Cream and Marshmallows. Not the instant kind, though that would in a pinch. I mean real coco, real milk, whipped cream and real marshmallows. Not the marshmallows that come in a plastic bag from the grocery store – marshmallows from a specialty store that are made the old-fashioned way. Hey, if I’m going to splurge, I want it on my terms!
2. Mama and Nonna’s home cooking – Going back home to NY for the holidays means one thing – my mom and grandmother’s home cooking. Holiday mainstays include my grandmother’s lasagna, my mom’s rice balls and on Christmas Eve – the feast of the 7 fishes.
3. Dessert – Holiday feasts are just paving the way for the grand finale – dessert! At my family holiday feasts dessert is a mix of American and Italian desserts. Some of my favorites are pumpkin pie, pasta fritta (fried dough you dip in cinnammon and sugar), pignolata (fried little dough balls dripping in honey and sprinkles), cannoli, apple pie, and Christmas cookies.
4. Mulled Apple Cider – The holidays aren’t just for eating –they’re for drinking too! One of my favorite ways to warm up is with a warm mug of mulled apple cider. Nothing says the holidays like the scent of mulling spices wafting through the air.
5. Chocolate – Any comfort of mine – during the holidays or not – involves chocolate. But during the holidays, we have extra special chocolates like peppermint bark & salted caramels. Yum!
Those are my favorite yummy holiday comforts. I hope your holiday season is full of yumminess and comfort!
Comfort is the perfect gift for everyone on your holiday gift list, so be sure to take advantage of Tempur-Pedic’s Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer! I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective.