I usually plan out my menus for the week but because of some re-arranging last week I was left with a lot of veggies in the fridge and I needed to come up with a dish that would use them all. I was in the mood for pasta and had some fresh basil so I made a small batch of pesto, sauteed the veggies and combined it all for a delicious dish that I’m calling on the fly Pasta Pesto Primavera. I don’t have exact measurements because I just used what I had. It’s a super simple dish to make and you can improvise and substitute in any vegetables or protein you like.
You can see my pesto recipe here. I make it without pine nuts because my little one isn’t old enough to eat nuts but feel free to add pine nuts if you like and if your family is free of nut allergies.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Make pesto according to recipe and set aside.
2. Bring a pot of water to boil while you wash and cut veggies. Try to keep the sizing uniform so they cook evenly.
3. In a saute pan, heat some olive oil and saute the veggies. Add salt & pepper to taste.
4. When the water comes to a boil, add the pasta and salt. Stir often until the pasta is al dente.
5. When the pasta is al dente, drain the water and put the pasta back in the hot pot. Add some butter and pesto and stir until the pasta is evenly coated with pesto. Stir in the sauteed veggies and serve. You can add some fresh grated cheese on top if you like.